is a powerful component designed to seemlessly integrate Tcl/Tk
with any COM/ActiveX
capable environment (such as Microsoft Visual Basic
or any of the Microsoft .NET
This component is fully multi-threaded and thread-safe (each interpreter has it's own thread).
Additionally, full Tcl/Tk stubs
support has been added.
This component should work with any version of Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 or higher (including TclPro
1.4.1 or higher).
Multiple Tcl interpreters can be easily created, used, and destroyed.
In addition, there is a simple yet powerful facility that allows Tcl to invoke YOUR custom COM and ActiveX components.
You simply specify the Tcl command name to add, the instance or progID
of the COM
object to call, the method name to call, and the "clientData" (or cookie) you want to receive when called by the specified Tcl interpreter.
In brief, Tcl commands are transparently mapped to COM method calls that you control in a fully reentrant, thread-safe manner.
Command arguments are handled automatically either as one long string or as separate strings (can be toggled
The documentation illustrates this functionality and is available both online
and with the distribution
Also includes the following:
- Full Tk support.
- Stable asynchronous evaluation.
- Special debugging support, such as the ability to use multiple debuggers at once, such as Microsoft Visual Basic and TclPro (a very powerful combination) and other diagnostic functionality.
- TCL2COM, which allows Tcl scripts to utilize any COM or ActiveX object that supports automation using TclBridge.
- TCL2ASP, a prototype component which allows easy integration with Microsoft IIS using TclBridge.
- VBS2TCL, a prototype component which allows easy integration with Microsoft VBScript. Due to the limitations of Microsoft VBScript (MSKB Q197957), TclBridge does not work with Microsoft VBScript without VBS2TCL.
Please see "LICENSE.HTML
" for full licensing details.